Our track record in relation to acquisition and bid finance is exceptional.
We have gained a formidable reputation advising, in particular, financial buyers and corporates on the financing aspects of M&A transactions, both public and private and in both the UK and overseas.
"This 'first-rate' team is praised for its 'commercial and practical advice' and its 'level of lead-partner involvement'."
The Legal 500
We have advised:
- Bridgepoint on its acquisitions in the UK of Pets at Home Group, 1st Credit, Fat Face, Pret a Manger and Hobbycraft
- Bridgepoint on its acquisitions overseas of A-Katsastus and Terveystalo Healthcare (both Finland) and TüvTurk (Turkey)
- Intermediate Capital Group plc on the acquisition of CPA Global
- 3i Group on its acquisitions of Hobbs, NCP, Civica and Ultralase and its investments in Chorion and Norman Foster & Partners
- Exponent Private Equity on its acquisitions of TSL Education, Trainline, Lowell Financial, The Ambassador Theatre Group, Pattonair and BBC Magazines
- Phoenix Private Equity in connection with its acquisitions of LK Bennett and Expotel
- Barclays Private Equity on its acquisitions of Kurt Geiger, Hydrasun and The Bounty Group
- TA Associates on its acquisition of Jupiter Asset Management and investment in Utimaco Software AG
- Lyceum Capital on its acquisitions of The UK Drainage Network, McKinnon & Clarke and Carewatch Care Services
- Darwin Private Equity on its acquisition of Hampson Aerospace Machining
- Macquarie Bank/Macquarie Capital Alliance Group consortium on the acquisitions of BBC Broadcast, Moto and Talarius
- Peel Ports on its acquisition of the Mersey Docks and Harbour Company, using a £1.17bn facility arranged by Bank of Scotland
- Silverfleet Capital on its acquisitions of Office and Aesica
- A syndicate led by Royal Bank of Scotland as lenders in connection with the acquisition of CapQuest by Towerbrook
- Pace plc on its $450m facilities to acquire 2Wire
- Bridgepoint Development Capital on its acquisitions of Lumison (with subsequent bolt-ons), BAS and Evander
- Carlyle on its acquisition of The Foundry