We are widely seen as market leaders and regularly win awards for our M&A skills acting on all types of domestic and cross-border transactions in both the public and private fields. We advise on a full range of deal structures from public takeovers and buy-outs to divestments and demergers, drawing on the strength of our Corporate Finance and Private Equity specialisms within the corporate team.
The breadth of our experience ensures we are well attuned to both buy-side and sell-side, acting for corporates, financial sponsors, investment banks and other investment professionals. This track record gives us a unique view of the market, allowing us to deliver a superior services to our clients.
The scale of our deals vary from complex multi-billion pound deals to mid-market deals and our international relationships enables us to fully manage the needs of our clients in all jurisdictions in which they conduct their business. Over the past financial year, the team have advised on more than £15bn of UK M&A deals alone.
We are one of a select number of London-based law firms with genuine expertise in UK public takeovers, often working on ground-breaking transactions. All of our corporate lawyers are M&A specialists and we advise buyers, sellers and consortiums, whether individuals, corporates (including the 60 or so quoted company clients that we act for), private equity investors or other financial investors on all aspects of M&A transactional work.
Within our wider M&A practice is a top tier private equity practice. We are extensively seen as market leaders with one of the largest teams of dedicated and long standing private equity lawyers in the City. We have recently been awarded Best Private Equity M&A Team by Acquisition International, 2015 and Private Equity Team of the Year by Legal Business Awards, 2015.
Recent examples of our work include advising:
- Pace, the UK provider of broadband and pay TV technology, on its US$2.1bn sale to Arris, a US-based broadband media technology company
- Micro Focus on its $2bn merger with the Attachmate Group, a global provider of enterprise infrastructure software solutions
- Zoopla on the acquisition of price comparison website uSwitch from LDC
- Noble Corporation plc on its $9.9bn cross-border merger with Noble Corporation (Switzerland) including re-listing on NYSE and the subsequently advised Noble Corporation plc and Paragon Offshore plc on the creation of Paragon and its $1bn demerger from Noble
- CRF Box Oy, a leading provider of electronic Clinical Outcome Assessment (eCOA) solutions, on the sale of CRF Health to Vitruvian Partners following an auction process involving multiple bidders
- Hellman & Friedman on the sale of SSP, a global insurance technology business
- Bridgepoint on the acquisition of ASK Italian and Zizzi restaurants
- Exponent and other shareholders on the sale of Trainline to Kohlberg Kravis Roberts
- Kester Capital and management on the sale of Briefing Media
- Patron Capital, the pan-European institutional investor, on the £500m sale of Motor Fuel Group to funds managed by US private equity firm Clayton, Dubilier & Rice
- Langholm Capital on the acquisition of Wool Overs
- Equistone Partners Europe on the simultaneous acquisition of MDNX Group and Easynet
- Intermediate Capital Group and leading global travel management and events business the ATPI Group, on the purchase of Griffin Global Group from Inflexion Private Equity