Because its impact cuts across many areas, we have created a multi-disciplinary team of respective leaders in their field to address these concerns. Experienced in advising clients during times of market stress, they will deliver timely and actionable advice to optimise your position.
Our Brexit Working Group will co-ordinate your instruction, allocating the right expertise to your requirements. No matter where you require advice, the chances are we have already carried out similar work. Here are some of the areas where we can provide specialist advice tailored to your needs:
- Brexit impact assessments: we can help you to carry out a targeted assessment of the impact of Brexit on your business, covering areas such as the imposition of tariffs and non-tariff barriers, contractual issues, changes to legislation, tax, workforce issues, data protection and intellectual property.
- Immigration and employment: we can advise on the rights of EEA nationals to remain in the UK following Brexit, as well as other Brexit-driven impacts on your international workforce.
- Environment and trade regulation: we can advise on the impact of Brexit on chemical registrations under the EU's REACH regime as well as a host of other regulatory and compliance issues resulting from the UK's departure from the EU.
- Financial Services and Markets: we know that due to the highly regulated nature of the financial services industry, Brexit is likely to pose particular challenges for financial services firms. We can advise on the initial steps that firms should consider taking to find sustainable long-term solutions to the potential resulting disruption.
- Products: we can advise on changes to product compliance and labelling requirements and trade routing in the event of a no-deal Brexit.
- Trade and tariffs: we can advise you on the imposition of tariffs and non-tariff barriers on trade with the EU and selected third countries in the likely event that numerous EU-negotiated trade agreements cease to apply following Brexit.
- Contracts: we can advise on amendments to your customer and supply contracts to mitigate the impacts of Brexit.
Time is of the essence to understand where you are most vulnerable on Brexit. We will provide you with swift yet robust and practical advice to identify and mitigate your most material risks. Meanwhile, for a range of knowledge resources and up to date news, views and legal updates on Brexit-related issues, please visit our Brexit hub.