Kester Capital LLP and its portfolio company, Frontier Medical, on the sale of its Infection Prevention business in a carve-out to Vernacare, backed by H.I.G Capital. The exited businesses are industry-leaders in the Infection Prevention market providing an extensive range of sharps and clinical waste disposal solutions. Sharpsafe®, a core brand of the Infection Prevention business, was the world’s first purpose-designed plastic sharps container.
The management team of LGC in relation to its acquisition by a consortium led by Cinven and Astorg, from KKR and management. LGC provides a comprehensive range of measurement tools, proficiency testing schemes, supply chain assurance standards and specialty genomics reagents underpinned by leading analytical and measurement science capabilities. Its scientific tools and solutions form an essential part of its customers’ quality assurance procedures and enable organisations to develop and commercialise new scientific products and advance research. The company serves customers across a number of end markets, including healthcare.
Assura PLC, the UK's leading Healthcare Real Estate Investment Trust, on its £185 million placing by way of an accelerated bookbuild. A FTSE 250 listed real estate investment trust, Assura builds, invests in and manages GP surgery, primary care and community buildings, so that the NHS has the places it needs to deliver more services, tests and treatments in the community. The transaction will allow Assura to continue to support the NHS by developing new primary care facilities and fund its record acquisition pipeline. £2.5 million of the proceeds are being donated to a charity to support the communities within 15 miles of healthcare centres owned by Assura.
Impact Healthcare REIT plc
In connection with:
- A £100 million placing. The Fund used the placing proceeds to repay its revolving credit facilities and to continue to pursue investment opportunities in UK healthcare real estate assets, in particular residential care homes.
- The Fund's first forward funding with an existing operator, for a new 94 bed care home in Hartlepool;
- the purchase of 7 new care homes properties by a variety of asset and corporate acquisitions;
- completing Impact's fourth financing with a value of £50m;
- acquiring a further 14 homes across Scotland and Northern Ireland using local counsel input;
- bespoke advice in light of the Covid-19 pandemic and protecting Impact's position under its leases.
- the review of their leasehold portfolio from an ESG perspective. This has led to a new market -leading form of lease in the sector, with extensive environmental and sustainability objectives.
Hamberley Care Homes
In connection with:
- the acquisition of a number of care homes at Mapledurham, Eastleigh, Dorking, Cambridge, and Broadoaks;
- the forward funding of development of care homes at Ampthill and Hailsham; and
- the financing of care homes at Brampton, Bristol, Broadoaks and Edwalton.
Ancala - its acquisition of a majority stake in Holmleigh Care Homes for its European Infrastructure Fund II. Holmleigh provide residential care, supported living and domiciliary care services to adults with a varied range of disabilities and challenges across 31 homes in Gloucestershire, Wiltshire, Swindon and Worcestershire. Holmleigh has provided Ancala Partners with an entry into the new and evolving market of supported living and we have acted on an innovative and new structure over circa 30 assets with Falcon Housing Association. This bolt-on completed in November 2020.
Patron - its acquisition of various care homes including Pickering House Dorking, a development site at Eastleigh, and the sale of a care homes at Adderbury.
Aedifica - its acquisition of a brand-new purpose-built care home in Congleton, Cheshire, for approximately £13m comprising 80 en-suite bedrooms for seniors requiring continuous care. The care home will be operated by Handsale.
Assura PLC - its £185 million placing by way of an accelerated bookbuild.