Cybersquatting is an issue that our clients increasingly face across a range of sectors and industries.
In this video briefing we take a look at the steps that can be taken if an organisation is faced with a third party engaged in 'cybersquatting' or setting up a 'copycat' website, including:
- Identifying and investigating the website(s), any sub-domains and their owners/hosts
- Taking steps against Google if the website is indexed by search engines
- Notifying regulators and how to report the website as an online crime
- How to file a takedown notice with the applicable domain name host
- The steps needed to file a complaint with Nominet
- How to transfer the domain name to your company if your complaint is successful via Nominet's Dispute Resolution Service