Harriet is a senior counsel in the Pensions Sector Group. She advises employers, trustees and financial institutions on all aspects of pensions law.
Pensions investment and insurance
Harriet has a particular focus on pensions investment and insurance and has a Certificate in ESG Investing from the CFA Institute. She has advised:
- trustees and in-house investment managers on a wide range of investment matters, including IMAs, investment-linked insurance policies, updating statements of investment principles, preparing implementation statements, TCFD reporting, stewardship and investment governance; and
- trustees and insurers on buy-ins, buy-outs and longevity swaps and insurers on funded and longevity reinsurance agreements.
Transactions, scheme funding and administration
Harriet also has experience advising on:
- public and private M&A, joint ventures, capital reductions, finance transactions and restructurings, including on the application of the Pension Regulator’s moral hazard powers;
- scheme funding and governance, bespoke funding structures, asset backed contributions, reservoir trusts, guarantees and security arrangements; and
- legal issues affecting the operation and administration of pension schemes, including rule amendments, member disputes and communications.
Harriet sits on the Investment Committee of the Society of Pension Professionals and is a member of the Association of Pension Lawyers.