We provide strategic, bespoke advice for employers on a range of issues. Our lawyers regularly engage with new legislation, helping shape new law and practice and stay ahead of the curve.
Our expertise is sought after for complex projects, such as scheme changes at the cutting edge of benefit design, as well as for more detailed points of day-to-day policy and compliance. Our clients operate some of the UK's largest pension schemes, many having been with us for years, appreciating our ability to build partnerships to support their full spectrum of issues.
Our tailored approach suits our clients' objectives, but we also pride ourselves on offering a high-quality service – our leading industry experts are involved with our clients on continuous basis. Lawyers from our Employment, Employee Incentives and Pensions groups work together, integrating with our clients' teams and collaborating with clients to deliver practical, cohesive solutions.
Examples of our services include:
- scheme closures
- changes to scheme benefit design such as alterations to pensionable pay and introducing defined contribution or revised defined benefit accrual
- benefit modification and liability management projects
- benefit issues on outsourcing and transfer of employees
- automatic enrolment
- handling employee complaints and the pensions aspects of termination of employment
- integration of pension benefits with other reward and incentive arrangements
- employee communications
- outsourcing and managing relationships with third party providers
- strategic responses to industry changes such as "freedom and choice" reforms.