Welcome to episode 4 in our series of short podcasts from the Employment team. Our podcasts are designed to give a basic overview of different areas of employment law, either as a refresher or by way of learning for those newer to HR.
Episode 4 focuses on individual redundancies. In this episode we take a look at how you carry out the consultation process:
- How long should consultation last?
- What do you need to consult the employee about?
- What about employees on sickness or family leave?
- What are your obligations when looking for alternative roles?
- When can the employee turn down an alternative role?
- What payments are employees entitled to on redundancy?
- Should you offer a right of appeal?