Barney is a partner in our Dispute Resolution Department. He handles a broad range of disputes including general commercial litigation, international torts, competition damages claims, civil frauds and matters involving pension schemes and financial products.
- Advising Camellia plc on its defence of international tort claims involving allegations of human rights abuses against a member of its corporate group.
- Advising Renesas Electronics Corporation in relation to a claim for damages brought by Vodafone arising out of the decision of the European Commission in Smart Card Chips.
- Acting for the shareholders and non-executive directors of a bank in relation to claims of breach of duty and misconduct and related counterclaims in connection with the discovery of a high-value fraud.
- Acting for a private equity investor in relation to a claim for fraudulent misrepresentation and breach of warranty arising from its acquisition of an investee company.
- Acting for Stena Line in relation to claims concerning the Merchant Navy Ratings Pension Fund.