David is a partner in the Pensions Department.
David specialises in advising on the duties of trustees and sponsoring employers in relation to occupational pension schemes.
David's experience includes advising on the following:
- the duties of trustees and sponsoring employers
- funding negotiations
- contingent assets
- exit debts
- changing sponsoring employers
- Pensions Regulator powers and investigations
- governance requirements
- pension scheme benefits
- member communications
- pensions complaints and litigation
- pensions investments
- buy-ins and buyouts
- automatic enrolment requirements
- pension scheme mergers
- transfers to master trusts
- corporate activity and its impact on pension schemes
- negotiations between trustees, sponsoring employers, sellers and purchasers as a result of corporate activity
- winding-up pension schemes.
David is a member of the Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association Legal Panel, the CBI Pensions Panel, the Society of Pension Professionals Defined Contribution Committee, the Association of Pension Lawyers and is a member of the committee for the next International Pension & Employee Benefits Lawyers Association (IPEBLA) conference in Milan.
David is listed as a 'Recommended Lawyer' in Who's Who Legal. Clients describe him as “able to give accurate, reliable and commercially minded advice” and that he “has the unique ability to understand where different parties are coming from, provide practical advice and drive the matter to a really good solution”.
David has provided pensions advice to the Domestic Violence Intervention Project on a pro bono basis. He also supports Refugees at Home a charitable organisation that connects those with a spare room in their home with asylum seekers and refugees in need of accommodation, and he also assists the Doris Banham Dog Rescue.