To trade globally, individuals and businesses must take into account the challenges that arise from increasingly complex international sanctions and export control regimes. To help navigate the risks, our specialist team can help you to overcome these concerns and maximise opportunities for cross-border trade.
Against a background of ever-changing international politics, those trading across multiple jurisdictions (both in a transactional and operational context) need an experienced legal team to support them. Failure to adequately manage risks can result in fines, trade restrictions, logistical issues and damage to reputation.
We have a breadth of experience acquired from advising on high profile and complex matters that enables us to bring our insight to these areas. Our interdisciplinary team draws upon the strengths of specialist lawyers from across the firm. Experience includes:
- advising on specific sanctions regimes
- export controls and military "dual-use" products plus other sector specific controls (e.g. oil & gas, information technology and software technologies)
- legal risk assessments, targeted due diligence and contractual protections on trade-related aspects of major corporate transactions
- drafting and managing policies and procedures to mitigate risk
- working with trusted local counsel and technical experts to ensure a seamless, cross-border service.
Staying alert to political and legislative changes allows us to provide you with accurate, commercially focused and pragmatic advice to help minimise risks to your business.