With homeworking set to continue as the "new normal" in some shape or form, the employment team are pleased to offer a series of bite-sized webinars focusing on the key employment issues associated with homeworking on an extended basis.
In the second session, we consider who is responsible for equipment and expenses and what the tax implications are:
- What equipment do employers have to provide for homeworkers?
- What are the tax implications if employers provide equipment?
- What are the tax implications of reimbursing employees for equipment they buy themselves?
- What happens to equipment if the employee leaves?
- If employers pay for broadband setup, is that taxable?
- Who pays for expenses such as electricity, heating and broadband?
- What are the tax implications of employers contributing towards expenses?