Travers Smith LLP is delighted to announce that its Legal Technology Team has been awarded "Future of Legal Services Innovation – Mid Sized Practice", at the 2022 Legal Innovation Awards, hosted by Law.com.
The Legal Innovation Awards recognise innovation in the legal sector and for working on precedent-setting, game-changing projects and initiatives.
The Travers Smith team won the award for its innovative solution 'Biblio' which is solving an issue with historic transaction bibles that were dependent on software that had depreciated over time. Once the firm had identified the problem, they undertook a project to build an internally developed bibling system that converted all historic bibles in to a modern, consistent Travers Smith format.
Key benefits to this new system include:
- Bibles are converted into a format which improves searchability and data analytics.
- Every bible is able to be read on the web which ensures its functionality for the future.
- Every bible is in a consistent format, providing easy navigation.
- Virtual Shelf feature eliminates the need for physical bibles.
- Converted and modernised bibles can be re-shared with clients.
Commenting on the win, Oliver Bethell, Chief Technology Officer, Travers Smith said:
"It's fantastic to see the team's hard work and focus on the client experience recognised with this award. As one of the judges said it's “A great example of Travers doing digital transformation - the right way”. Whenever we think about solving problems, we put ourselves in the position of our legal teams, and our clients, and think about how their experience can be improved. That's exactly what we did with Biblio and why we made both the creation and the consumption process so simple."