Could freeports help your business? Or could they pose a threat if competitors relocate there? Find out at our webinar on 23 September 2021.
The panellists for this session will include Stephen Carr, Commercial Director of Peel Ports, Liverpool, where one of the new freeports is being launched. Speakers will also include experts from Travers Smith who will explain the customs, planning and tax benefits and comment on the wider commercial and real estate implications.
Issues covered will include:
- What are freeports, where will they be located, who is in charge and what's the timing?
- What sort of businesses are most likely to benefit from freeports?
- How generous is the tax package and to what extent are the customs benefits genuinely unique?
- What are the key benefits and challenges from a planning perspective?
- How vulnerable are freeports to legal challenge based on state aid law?