Welcome to the first in a pair of short videos looking at two of the most topical issues for employers as we come out of lockdown.
There continues to be an increase in employees requesting to work from abroad, particularly heightened during the course of the pandemic. As we now start to see an even greater shift in the way people are working, combined with the increasing globalisation of the way we do business, this has become a significant area for employers to look at in more detail. In this video, Employment Partner Adam Wyman and Head of Incentives and Remuneration Mahesh Varia discuss the main considerations, including:
- The key employment law and tax issues for employers
- The permanent establishment risk and consequences of this
- Tax and social security considerations
- Immigration implications
- Wider regulatory concerns
- Implementing a working abroad policy
Stay tuned for our second video which will look at workplace reopening and the key issues for employers.