Travers Smith LLP is delighted to have participated in the writing and editing of the fourth edition of 'Private Equity : A Transactional Analysis', which has been recently published by Globe Law and Business and edited by the Travers Smith Chair Emeritus Chris Hale.
This authoritative guide to private equity offers a comprehensive legal analysis of the main aspects of the industry and is aimed at legal and other professionals working or advising in private equity, as well as senior private equity executives, investment houses and investors and academics and their students who study private equity.
The book analyses the key ingredients of private equity transactions and the technical issues associated with them and, while it focuses on the UK, has chapters on the USA and key West European countries. Its contributors are all leading practitioners.
A number of chapters have been written by leading specialists from Travers Smith:
- Tax Partner Simon Skinner analyses the tax structuring of private equity transactions and management tax planning.
- Head of Private Equity & Financial Sponsors Paul Dolman explores the key aspects of acquisition documentation in relation to private equity deals.
- Finance Partner Donald Lowe, Restructuring Partner Edward Smith and Knowledge Counsel James Bell consider the key elements of debt restructuring of private equity backed companies.
- Funds Partner Sam Kay examines how private equity funds are established and structured.
- Private Equity and Financial Sponsors Partner Adam Orr looks at how the equity aspects of private equity deals work and are documented.
- Chris Hale writes about the development of private equity and its place in corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions.
As much has happened in the five years since the publication of the book's third edition, this fresh edition contains coverage of several new topics. Among others, these include:
- An examination of CFIUS issues, data protection and US sanctions regulation.
- A new structural analysis of incentive equity capital and coverage of recent trends such as consortia and synthetic liquidity planning.
- Insight on latest market trends and how these impact on deal dynamics and deal terms, as well as a highlighting of what differentiates private equity transactions from other types of M&A transactions.
Chris Hale, Travers Smith's Chair Emeritus and Consulting Editor of, and contributor to, 'Private Equity: A Transactional Analysis' says: "Private Equity: A Transactional Analysis" has established itself as the leading practitioner written book on private equity. This 4th Edition not only contains much new material but a number of new contributors, many of whom are my colleagues at Travers Smith. As the book shows, private equity continues to grow as a central part of corporate finance. It is also an area where Travers Smith continues to lead the market".
To find out more about the book visit the Globe Law and Business website here.