Planning is a key piece of the development puzzle. Against a backdrop of ever-changing and increasingly complex legislation and policy, we help clients to navigate the challenges and exploit the opportunities as their development projects progress. From structuring applications to securing consents – and everything in between – we draw on our broad experience to identify issues and find solutions which help to drive projects forward.
Understanding perspectives is critical, and we are used to brokering pragmatic solutions to problems that can threaten to derail a development. Our credibility in negotiations is forged from our background and broad range of experience - our team have worked in both the public and private sectors, and our clients include developers, housebuilders, infrastructure providers, investors and occupiers.
Our extensive experience covers both contentious and non-contentious matters, and includes:
- 'de-risking' planning applications prior to submission
- securing planning consents for large scale commercial, residential, and mixed use developments
- advising on scheme tweaks through section 96A (NMA) and section 73 (MMA) applications
- negotiating complex planning and highways agreements
- drafting and interpreting planning conditions
- advising on complex site assembly issues and structuring consents
- advising on CIL implications arising from proposed development
- planning enforcement
- planning appeals
- defending and bringing Judicial Review challenges to planning decisions
- advice on national and local planning policy, including Local Plans and Neighbourhood Plans