Navigating the complexities of planning laws and development constraints is increasingly important in the face of greater and often conflicting pressures on development land, and a rise in public scrutiny and accountability within a constantly evolving policy framework. Our ability to guide clients through this landscape on larger, innovative or more complex developments, in a proportionate and pragmatic way sets us apart from our competitors.
We provide developers, infrastructure providers, investors and occupiers with cutting-edge legal advice on every step of the planning process. Our team has a wealth of contentious and non-contentious experience in finding commercial and practical solutions to planning issues arising from real estate developments and projects.
Our extensive experience includes advising on:
- securing planning consent for development
- variations of consents under ss.96 and 73
- negotiation of planning agreements
- negotiation of highway agreements under ss.8, 38 and 278
- environmental protection within the planning context
- site assemblage issues arising from development proposals
- planning enforcement
- appeals and public inquiries
- DCOs and CPOs
- heritage assets
- town and village green matters and Assets of Community Value
- suitable alternative natural greenspace (SANGS).
The Planning team has an established track record in successfully advising on an array of significant and innovative projects and developments across a broad range of industries and sectors, including the following asset classes: ports, quays, marinas, airports, quarries, mines, minerals, fracking, renewables, hotels, care homes and mixed use development schemes.