Travers Smith LLP has advised Ancala Partners (Ancala) on the acquisition on behalf of its European Infrastructure Fund II of a majority interest in Holmleigh Care Homes Limited (Holmleigh) from the founders Rod Correia and Matt Western who will continue to owner a minority interest in Holmleigh.
Holmleigh Care provides quality, tailored care services for people with learning disabilities, mental health disorders and complex emotional and behavioural needs. Their services include residential accommodation, supported living accommodation and domiciliary care for the elderly. Holmleigh Care has 31 specialist homes across various sites throughout Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and central Swindon areas.
Ancala is an established European infrastructure investment manager with a number of infrastructure investments including Portsmouth Water, the SAGE North Sea Pipeline, Dragon LNG, Leep, HS Orka and the Orites Wind Farm. This is Ancala's first acquisition in the home care sector.
- Corporate: Morgan Grindlay (Senior Associate) and Carmella Crinnion (Associate)
- Tax: Simon Skinner (Partner), Katherine Williamson (Associate) and Georgina Jones (Associate)
- Commercial: Ben Chivers (Partner) and Rowan Armstrong (Senior Associate)
- Real Estate: Alex Millar (Partner)
- Employment: Ailie Murray (Senior Counsel)
- Finance: Barry Newman (Partner) and Taggio Price (Associate)
- Regulatory and Environment: Doug Bryden (Partner), John Buttanshaw (Senior Associate) and Harrie Narain (Associate)